Thursday 30 April 2015

Leinster Driving Campus


On Monday we went to the Leinster Driving Camp. We had a lot of fun. We got split into two groups. One group had to go inside and do the mock theory test and after that they had to go outside and try to do a task while having on glasses that simulated of what you see when you are drunk.
Leinster Driving Campus
 My group got to go driving first. We had to split up into groups of three or four and stand beside a car there were four cars in total. First we were explained of what the pedals do and how the clutch works. We each got two turns of driving. Everyone did really well. When we were done we had a short break and then we swapped with the other group. The other group went driving and my group went to do the theory test. The Instructor said that if anyone gets 40/40 questions right he will get a free lesson for that group, no one got all the questions right. When we were done with the theory test we went into a shelter outside and there were two cones on the floor. We each had a turn and had to put on the glasses and pick one of the cones up and place it on top of the other one, after we did that we had to give high five to the instructor. When it was my turned I put on the glasses and the instructor said to turn around and don't look, so I did. When I turned around one of the cones was gone I couldn't see anything through the glasses and I couldn't see the cone everyone started saying to look up and it took me awhile to find the cone, but the cone was placed on the ceiling and first when I went to grab it I grabbed the bar that went along the ceiling. When I got the cone I had to place it on top of the other cone I found that was hard to do, I kept missing the cone but eventually I got it. 
  
Everyone had so much fun at the Leinster Driving Campus I would recommend this activity to the next Transition Years.






No comments:

Post a Comment